Advanced Topics in Embedded Systems
This lecture discusses current topics and trends in embedded system research with special focus on design, analysis and verification of embedded systems and Systems-on-Chip. The lecture starts with an introduction into embedded systems architectures and electronic system level design. Then, the latest developments in different areas of embedded system design are discussed.
The lecture is structured as follows:
- Introduction into embedded systems
- Verification in embedded systems: Cyber physical systems, error effect simulation, fault injection and model checking
- Machine Learning approaches
- Software timing analyses in embedded systems
- Power in embedded systems: Analysis of power consumption, optimization of power and energy, semiconductor technologies
The lecturers will present the relevant basics as well as recent research results in each topic. Between the lectures, practical exercises in form of programming assignments will take place. Note: Prerequisites are the lectures “Entwurf und Synthese Eingebetteter Systeme” or “Modellierung und Analyse Eingebetteter Systeme”.